On a morning
where you want a little pick-me-up without the caffeine
you can make a smoothie with maca powder that comes to us from Peru
where it has been used for thousands of years.
This delicious powder provides energy, and further studies have shown that maca also
helps to balance hormones, lower blood-pressure, helps with depression
and may have benefits for your brain health!
Maca Morning Smoothie
Makes 1 Serving
Please use organic!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of your choice. Here's my recipe for homemade almond milk.)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. powdered maca (I use toasted maca that I get from Rosemary's Garden in Sebastopol, CA)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 Tbls almond butter
- 1 Tbls. cacao nibs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Make this a protein drink by adding a Tbls. of collagen protein powder
- Make it a little thicker by adding a few ice-cubes
- Top with cocoa nibs and bee pollen as shown in my photo
- Blend all ingredients, and drink just as it is, or top with bee pollen and/or cacao nibs!
This would also be delicious served warm!